Monday, August 4, 2014

Day 1-Off and Running!

Well, not literally running. I'd prefer to live through the day!



Step by step and the thing is done. - Charles Atlas

So, I woke up today with mixed feelings. I was excited to finally get started, but there was/is this fear of failure hanging over my head. It's come from a lifetime of successes followed by failures, and it's hard to ignore. I was kind of wishing I hadn't so public about everything--then I could just fail in private. I think it's going to take a lot of positive affirmation to convince myself that I really can do this. I also know that every day that I successfully complete the program will bolster my confidence.

Okay, enough of the sappy stuff.

Since I didn't prep anything for breakfast yesterday (remember--tired feet), I had to figure out what to make. I am really glad I have this week before school to figure all these things out. I ended up making a breakfast scramble (shredded sweet potato, sliced beet, some diced onion, about a 1/4 c of the ground beef I had browned yesterday, 3 eggs and some salt and pepper). It made a LOT. I put it all in my bowl, but I could only eat half of it. Now I have tomorrow's breakfast all done!
Meal 1, Day 1




I didn't end up eating my first meal until around 10:30 a.m., and I was really full and didn't even finish eating it all. I was kind of surprised that I was hungry again by noon. I didn't get my ranch dressing made yesterday, so I had to whip that up before I could eat lunch. It would have been better if had set overnight since I used dried herbs instead of fresh. I will make a couple more batches tonight.

I ended up eating lunch at 1:00, and it was delicious and filling. I made a salad with mixed greens, grape tomatoes, olives, a boiled egg, homemade ranch dressing, and the meat from two chicken thighs (cooked last night).
Meal 2, Day 1
Unfortunately, by 2:00 I was hungry again. I don't know if it's my brain trying to remind me that I'm doing something different, if I'm not eating slowly enough, or if I'm really not getting enough food. I'm pretty sure it's not the latter. I will continue to try to figure this out.

5:00 check in. I drank a lot of water this afternoon, and even though I still have a hunger twinge now and then, I just start working on something, and it goes away for a while. You're not supposed to let yourself  be hungry on Whole30, but you're also not supposed to have snacks. Gonna eat slowly during dinner. 5:15 ate about a 1/2 c of blueberries. That took the edge off.

Warmed up chicken thighs (from Sunday's cookup), spaghetti squash, and salad for dinner. Again, it was way more than I could eat, but I didn't want to get hungry before bedtime.
Meal 3, Day 1
All in all it was an okay day. I am so thankful I have this week off. My daughter and sister who also started today had a lot tougher time with meal prep and hunger issues. I was able to do some additional prep work today like:
  • shred a gallon bag full of sweet potatoes
  • clean some beet greens to use later and roasted the beets
  • made more ranch dressing
  • separated all my seasonings into compliant and non-compliant
And now, I get to go click the "I did it" button on my Day 1 email!

Tomorrow I need to remember to list all the measurable and non-measurable goals I hope to achieve.

TTFN!

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment