Monday, August 11, 2014

Day 8: The "For the love of Gosling, my pants are TIGHTER" Phase

Day 8: The "For the love of Gosling, my pants are TIGHTER" Phase

http://youtu.be/Nv7Ts4v5_Bs
Click on Picture for Video

My first day back to school (teacher week), and starting my second W30 week. Have I told you lately how glad I am that I had last week off of school to get used to this way of living?

I was super nervous--mostly that I wouldn't have enough to eat to get me through. I'm happy to report that the day was wonderful. I had way more than enough food, and a LOT of people were very interested in learning about Whole30.

We have 3 people at our school who have completed a W30 before and there are 2 more starting this week (after reading my FB posts) and 2 more who are ordering the book this week.  I'm thinking about hosting a W30 potluck next month!

One of the teachers was like, "OMG, you must be losing weight like crazy without eating all that food! Don't you just feel the weight falling off?" A W30 veteran was sitting there, and we explained to him that weight loss is one of the least important benefits of the program. As I was sitting there explaining I realized that I'm actually starting to BELIEVE what I'm saying! Granted, I don't feel like I've lost any weight yet (feeling a bit bloated, actually), but it's not as hard this week to stay away from that scale.

Of course another teacher was talking about Cheesesteak sandwiches and how he could never do any 'diet' that prohibited that yumminess. Ever since he said that (btw, he's the health and pe teacher) I've been really wanting an ooey gooey cheesesteak sandwich. Grrr.





I was exhausted when I got home (more going back to school than W30 related), but I didn't stress out about dinner because I had planned ahead and had a meal ready in 6 microwave minutes.

On top of all of that, now that I've reached Day 8 I am starting to believe that I can do this! (But I still miss cheese)

No comments:

Post a Comment