Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 2: The Hangover Phase

motivational quotes 

Day 2: The Hangover Phase
They say that days 2 and 3 are considered the Hangover Phase. They warn about headaches, body aches, gut aches, and a general feeling of blah. I expected to have a pretty rough time these two days because I really binged a lot during the weeks leading up to this. So far, only a headache that woke me up in the night but got better once I was up and around this morning. Oh, and really stinky poo. I know, TMI, but I'm sure it's those stinky toxins leaving my body.

Two pretty exciting things happened already today:
1. The Paleo Mom posted on FB that US Wellness Meats was giving 15% off on orders under 40lbs. I checked out their website, and they have BACON! You better believe I placed an order!
2. My Door-To-Door Organics order came today! I usually get the small veggie box, but this week I added quite a few things to it, so it was a huge box. See:
I finally did something I've been wanting to try for a long time. I made some refrigerator dill pickles. Well, actually I started them. They have to sit on the counter for 8 hours in the brine, then I transfer them to jars. Then they need another 2 days in the fridge before they are ready to eat. The waiting is the hard part!

Exciting thing #3--My Amazon order arrived! I am so thankful that I had just gotten a bonus at work so I put it into grocery shopping for Whole30 staples and ordering fun new gadgets from Amazon and two great cookbooks that every Whole30er should own. Can you believe that this is my first ever cast iron skillet? 
Well, the whole taking pictures of my food got old really fast. Not too exciting to take pics of leftovers, and that's what today has been so far. Breakfast: leftover sweet potato skillet and a glass of apple/pear/carrot juice. (I know, juice is frowned upon, but don't worry, I'm not even close to a daily juicer, I just needed to use some fruit) Lunch was leftover spaghetti squash and 3 burger patties smeared with homemade mayo. Dinner was a hot plate of beet greens, shredded sweet potatoes, roasted beets, and a couple chicken thighs.

I haven't had too much of a "hangover" day. Just a little lethargic.My biggest problem yesterday and today is my meals. I make myself a great meal, but I get full 1/2 way through. I mean FULL as in STUFFED. So I stop eating because I don't want to continue to stuff myself and get sick, but then about an hour later I'm having hunger pangs. I really focused during lunch and dinner today to eat slowly, but that didn't seem to help. Hopefully someone on the forum can help me figure it out. I started a thread and it's 3 pages long already! Making a lot of new friends.

Oh, darn, I forgot to post my goals today. Maybe I'll go ahead and start tomorrow's blog tonight and do it while I'm thinking of it. I got sidetracked talking about poo.

Okay, time to go click the "I did it" button and probably turn in early tonight. I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon/evening with a cookout as part of the meeting. I'm pretty nervous about it, but I'm going to take a chopped salad as my side dish and take a couple of my standby chicken thighs to warmup in her microwave. Pretty much everyone in the committee knows that I'm doing Whole30, so that should help.

TTFN!

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment