Sunday, August 10, 2014

Day 7: I Just Wanna Nap: Part II

Day 7: I Just Wanna Nap: Part II

Ugh. I. Am. Tired. 

I have so much to do today--about 8 loads of laundry, a major cook-up for the week, pack up for school, and do some school work--and I have zero energy this morning. I didn't feel all that great when I went to bed last night, and I was up at 6:30 this morning feeling pretty much the same way. My tummy is achy, I'm not really hungry, and nothing sounds good anyway. I've been sitting on the couch pulling up recipes for today for the past 2 hours. I think it's creative procrastination--something I'm very good at. I haven't even had the energy to get up and refill my coffee cup.

Okay, I'm going, I'm going...brb

1:00 p.m. check-in. I woke up a little. I'm not sure I can even remember everything I've done so far today, but I'll try.
  • Made an Apple Bumpkin
  • Boiled 15 eggs
  • Cooked a pound of beef bacon (that's a different taste)
  • Cooked a pound of pork bacon tips (I got the bacon from U.S. Wellness Meats)
  • Made a cauliflower/mushroom/onion veggie dish
  • Chopped up a bunch of onion to use later in the week
  • Made 5 cookie sheets full of kale chips
  • Did 2 loads of laundry
I'm taking a short break to do some school work then tackling some more yumminess. 

The afternoon/evening consisted of 2 more loads of laundry and the following cook-up items:
  • Scotch Eggs
  • Sauteed cabbage with onions and bacon bits (the pork bacon tips I made earlier)
  • Sauteed spinach in bacon fat
  • tilapia (for dinner)
  • Roasted broccoli (for dinner)
  • prepped brussels sprouts to roast tomorrow
  • cut up a bunch of veggies (cukes, red and green pepper, carrots) to take in lunches
In addition to all of the above, I cleaned out and reorganized my fridge to accommodate everything. I used almost every container I had to portion out all the things that I made. Lunch has to be easy for me to grab in the morning, especially since I now have to be sure to actually eat before I leave the house.

It's 8:30, and I can finally relax long enough to watch Big Brother before bedtime. My tummy is a little achy. I'm a little nervous that I'm going to experience the "For the Love of Gosling: My Pants Are Tighter" that they warned us about. Bloated tummies are not fun, but I suppose it's a stage we have to go through to get to the other side. 

Don't worry, I'll let you know tomorrow!

TTFN

vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment