Saturday, August 9, 2014

Day 6: I Just Wanna Nap

I Just Wanna Nap
http://blog.bufferapp.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/nap.jpg 

It's day 6! So far, it hasn't been easy, but it hasn't been as hard as it could have been. Again, I am very thankful that I had this first week off school. I am nervous about my 1st and 2nd meals next week when I go back to school. I am full of weekend plans to prepare transportable foods for meals 1 and 2 and throw together fast meals for meal 3. At least I've gotten familiar with a lot of these new ingredients, so most of the recipes aren't as scary anymore. 

I woke up this morning feeling A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.! No headache, no bad thoughts, I had slept about 6 hrs straight (a record for me), and I'm full of energy. Not what they had predicted at all. I know we're all different, but it's funny how some days I'm exactly where they said I'd be and others I'm just the opposite. Of course, as I'm writing this it's only 9:30 a.m.  I'd better get some things done while I'm still feeling this way!

Some of the people on my forum have reported feeling like their pants are fitting a little better. Unfortunately, I can't report anything like that...YET.

9:30 p.m. check in. The energy stayed with me until about 5:00 p.m. Before I lost the energy I went grocery shopping, made my 2nd successful batch of mayo, made some creamy Italian dressing, organized my kitchen cupboards, cleaned some kale to make kale chips, did some school work, and got my to-do list ready for tomorrow's cook-up. At 5:00 it was like I hit a brick wall. I could not take another step. I sat down on the couch, and instantly nodded off, so I decided to go to bed and take a short nap. Unfortunately, I never set the alarm. I fell asleep with my phone in my hand. 

I woke up at 7:00 totally disoriented and groggy. Bruce came home just as I was getting up, and I could barely figure out who he was. Gradually I got a little more 'with it,' and finished up the night by cleaning two batches of grapes, making up some nut mix (pecans, cashews, and almonds) to take to school with me next week, cleaning up the kitchen, and watching a movie with my sweetie. (I did have to force myself to eat dinner. I was not hungry AT ALL. Luckily I had some leftovers)

Tomorrow is the big cook-up to prepare for my first work week on Whole30.  

TTFN

vicki
 

No comments:

Post a Comment