Sunday, August 17, 2014

Days 12-14: Boundless energy! Now give me a damn Twinkie.

 

It has been a crazy, crazy week. Last week the teachers went back to school, and since we are running down to the wire with construction, I didn't get to start in my room until 2:00 on Thursday. That meant I had to go in on Friday and Saturday to get everything done. It also meant that it was an eat what was ready few days, so I was glad to have a lot of leftovers, although I didn't do as well on veggies as I should have. 

Since I was at school on Saturday, I had to shop AND do my cookup today. That was a lot of work on the day before school starts. I did manage to make quite a bit, but I'm going to have to do some more tomorrow. Here's what I made today:

  • Browned a lb of ground beef and pork
  • cut up a cantaloupe
  • made amazing potato salad
  • made meatball soup
  • made a chicken dish that is SO hot that I'm not sure I'll be able to eat it
  • cut up a bunch of veggies
I have to do something tomorrow to get the rest of the stuff in the refrigerator. I'm out of room, and I have a huge head of cauliflower, a head of cabbage, and a watermelon that I'd like to cut up. I also bought so much meat today, and I don't have any room left in the freezer. Maybe tomorrow I can do a major fridge/freezer overhaul.

So, how have I been feeling? I feel okay. Not super full of energy, but not super tired either, and considering the week I've had, I guess that's a good thing. I am still sleeping pretty well. I haven't been having tummy troubles anymore. My hunger is under control. I have had a lot of cravings the last few days. And I Don't feel like I've lost any weight. Sigh. The scale is still safely put away, but I really thought that I'd see my physical differences by now. I guess we will see what the new week has in store. 

If it wasn't for those breath strips I'd be almost 1/2 way through. They say that the "tiger blood" stage is right around the corner, so I am looking forward to that.

I really wanted to write a better blog tonight since it's been so long, but I just have too much going on. I do not feel prepared for school tomorrow. Usually the last couple of weeks of summer are totally spent working on school stuff. This year I spent those two weeks focused on Whole30. Hopefully I'll make it through this first week of school without too much stress. 

One of these days I will be filling you in on all the yummy new things I've been trying, but not tonight. This teacher needs her sleep!

TTFN

vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment