Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 9: The "For the love of Gosling, my pants are TIGHTER" Phase: Part II

 
So after I posted yesterday's blog, things kind of fell apart. I started having tummy trouble that HURT! I went to bed early, basically because it hurt too much to do anything but lie there and moan. I know that it is just my body adjusting to everything. It's used to getting it's energy from all those carbs and other sugars that I fed it. Now it has to learn to get what it needs from the healthy fat I'm feeding it. They told me it would happen, but that doesn't make it any more pleasant to go through. 

When I woke up this morning, though, I was feeling much better. I warmed up the Apple Bumpkin, packed (way too much) my lunch, and headed out to the second day of Teacher Week. People are being so great asking me how I'm doing and telling me they are reading the blog. That is really affirming, but it makes me really aware of how boring my writing is! 

I want to sidetrack from W30 for a second and let you know what's going on at our school. We're Getting A Gym! Well, we have been getting a new gym for over a year now, and even though we try our best to stay positive, there have been some issues caused by the construction that make it difficult to find the bright spot. My classroom happens to be on the exterior wall where they are connecting the gym and the new STEAM center. They had to take out a couple of windows and close up the wall. All summer I've been trying to get in my room to start unpacking, but as of yesterday there was still construction going on. Today our schedule allowed the teachers to work in their rooms all afternoon--the thing that teachers treasure above all other things (well, kind of).  So, needless to say, it was a frustrating afternoon for me as I watched all my peers setting up their rooms, unpacking their desks, and getting ready for students to arrive on Monday. Oh, and to make it worse, now they are painting the room and everything is shoved together in the middle of the room, and I can't get to anything if I wanted to. They are using my desk as a work table! 

But, when I got home, this was waiting for me:


That made me smile. My first Amazon Pantry Pack and my weekly Door-to-Door Organics order. I was able to order some of the ingredients from Amazon that I need for some of the recipes I want to try.

As far as other things I'm noticing due to the W30 experience, I'm starting to feel a lot more focused, I'm sleeping better, I waking up with a little more energy most days, and I'm starting to be able to make it between meals without feeling hungry. I am much more aware of some of the issues I've had/have with food. For instance, there was no need for me to eat those nuts on my way home from school yesterday. I wasn't hungry, I was just afraid that I might get hungry before it was time for dinner. (That's how I rationalized it) I used to be able to fool myself, but my new self is gonna block that move!

If you are afraid of TMI regarding bodily functions, stop reading here. OR Continue at your own risk...

I talked about the bloating, well along with that came constipation, and along with constipation came the dreaded hemorrhoids! The REALLY PAINFUL kind. Every time I rolled over in bed last night the pain woke me up. Today, sitting in hard chairs killed me. Currently I'm sitting on an ice pack--if it were you, I'd probably be laughing, so go ahead--it's okay. 

I know that this is just another hurdle to get over. Every day brings me one day closer to gaining control over my unhealthy relationship with food. Every day buys me more time with my loved ones. Every day makes me helps me learn more about healthy living to share with others. Every day I am learning to love myself again.

I love you all. Thank you for reading. I'm humbled everytime I look at the number of people who are following my journey. I am doing this for all of us, and maybe someday, when/if you're ready, I can cheer you on during your first Whole30.

TTFN

vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment